Last Chance to Read
Your Account
Sign In  or  Sign Up
Basket
Your Basket
Your basket is empty
Payment methods accepted on LCTR website
 
 
You are here:   
 

Returns of the Several Dioceses in Ireland

25/02/1806

Printer / Publisher:  
Volume Number:     Issue Number: 
No Pages: 5
Returns of the Several Dioceses in Ireland page 1
 
Price for this document  
Returns of the Several Dioceses in Ireland
Free Sample: Add it to your basket below. You will not be charged for this item when you checkout. Purchasing other item(s ) is optional.
Purchase Options
No options are required for this copy of Returns of the Several Dioceses in Ireland

Returns of the Several Dioceses in Ireland

Date of Article: 25/02/1806
Printer / Publisher:  
Address: 
Volume Number:     Issue Number: 
No Pages: 5
Sourced from Dealer? No
Additional information:

Full (unformatted) newspaper text

The following text is a digital copy of this issue in its entirety, but it may not be readable and does not contain any formatting. To view the original copy of this newspaper you can carry out some searches for text within it (to view snapshot images of the original edition) and you can then purchase a page or the whole document using the 'Purchase Options' box above.

[ 13 1 RE i URN of the prefent State of the Diocefe of WATERFORD, The DEANERY of Waterford consists of The united parishes of Trinity, St. Michael's, and St. Olave's, in the city of Watcrford, and Killcarra and Killburn intire rectories, and part of Kilmeaden and Riesk rectories in the county of Waterford; these are the corps of the Deanery to which the entire rectory of Kilbotteran, also in said county, was last episcopally united 011 the 22d of December 1804 ; said parishes are ail contiguous, and the remotest not four miles from the city of Waterford. There are 376a. 3 r. 10 p of land belonging to the Deanery at Ballycasheen, in the parish of Killburn, with several cabbins on the land, and a glebe of 17 acres in the parish of Killcarra; a deanery- house in Trinity parish, and a small house in St. Olave's parish, in the city of Waterford, belonging to the Dean. There are three churches in the union, one ( a cathedral church) in Trinity parish, one in St. Olave's parish, and one in the parish of Killotteran. The Rev. Dean Lee resident in the deanery- house, and his curate resident in Waterford. The CHANTORSHIP of Waterford consists of The rectory of Killbarrymeaden, and part of the rectory of Kilmeaden, both in the county of Waterford, and the intire tythes of the deanery lands in the parish of Killburn ; these constitute the corps of the Chantorship. There is a glebe of 3 a. and 25 p. in the parish of Killbarry meaden, and one of 14a. 1 r. 21 p. in the parish of Killmeaden; and a house in Trinity parish, in the city of Waterford, belonging to the chantor. No church or cure of souls. The Rev. Joseph Palmer, chantor; not resident, being dean of Cashel, where there is cure of souls. The CHANCELLORSHIP of Waterford consists of The intire rectory of Moneminter otherwise Ballycloghy, and Killmacleage and Killmacomb rectories, which, with part of the rectories of Killmeaden and Riesk, constitute the corps of the Chancellorship ; said parishes are all in the county of Waterford, and contiguous. There is a glebe of 8 a. 1 r. 21 p. in the parish of Kilmacleage, and one of 15 a. 2 r. 15 p. in the parish of Kill- macomb ; and a house in Trinity parish, in the city of Waterford, belonging to the Chancellor. No church. Rev. Gab1 Stokes, I). D. Chancellor; resides on his living in the north of Ireland. The TREASURERSHIP of Waterford consists of The intire rectoiy of Lisnekill and part of Killmeaden rectory, in the county of Waterford; at Lisnekill a small glebe, of which there is no return in the registry, ai. d a house in Trinity parish, in the city of Waterford, belonging to the treasurer. Rev. Willm Bushe, treasurer; resides in Dublin, where he has another living. The ARCHDEACONRY of Waterford consists of The united parishes, of St. Patrick's, St. Peter's, St. Stephen's, and St. John's, in the city of Waterford; a perpetual union time immemorial. There is a very small glebe, not an eighth of an acre, in St. Patrick's parish, in said city. No glebe house. A church in St. Patrick's parish. The Rev. George L. Flcury, archdeacon; resident. A French church in the city of Waterford, endowed by Government with fifty pounds yearly; rev. P. A. Franquefort, minister; resident. KILLMEADEN and Riesk vicarages, in the county of Waterford; an old union time imme- morial. There is a glebe of 7 a. 3 r. 21 p. at Killmeaden, and one of 2 a. and 15 p. at Riesk, belonging to the vicar. No glebe- house. A church in the parish of Killmeaden. Rev. H. Archdal, Vicar ; resident. KILLBRIDE and Island Keane intire rectories, in the county of Waterford, belong to the Economy of Waterford, who pay a curate ( the Rev. James White) for doing any occasional duty that may be necessary. A glebe of about three acres in the parish of Killbride. No glebe- house or church. KILLBARRY rectory intire, in the county of Waterford, an impropriate rectory ; belongs to • George Fox, Esq. who " pays a curate ( the Rev. John Cooke) for doing any occasional duty. No glebe, glebe- house,, or church. DRUM - 22 ( Ireland'.') D I O C E S A N R E T U R N S: DRUMCANNON rectory intire, which, with the vicarages of Ballvnakile, Ballygunner, Kill- macleage, and Killmacomb, all in the county of Wateiford, and nearly contiguous; were last episcopally united on the 25th day of August 1798. There is a small glebe in the parish of Bally- gunner, the bounds of which are not ascertained. No glebe- house. A church in the parish of Drumcannon. The Rev. John Cooke, rector and vicar ; resident.— N. B. The purchase of a glebe is nearly concluded, when a glebe- house will be erected, and a new church at Tramore. CROOK, Killcop, Kile, St. Nicholas, and Faithleg, rectories intire, which with Killea and Rath- moylan vicarages, all in the county of Waterford and contiguous, were last episcopally united in February 1789. In the parishes of Crook and Kile, St. Nicholas a glebe of 20 acres, for which the rector pays the Marquis of Waterford ten pounds yearly ; at Killea a glebe of 2 a. 2 r. 10 p. and in the parish of Rathmoylan one of 1 a. and 2r. and another of 2 a. and 17 p. No glebe- house. A church at Passage in the parish of Kill St. Nicholas. Rev. John Roberts, rector and vicar ; resident. KILLPiONAN rectory intire, in the county of Waterford, under Sequestration. There is a glebe of 10a'. and 2 1*. in the parish. No glebe- house or church. The Rev. John Frazer sequestrator. KILLURE Kill St. Lawrence, RossdufF, and Crobally, rectories intire, in the county of Water- ford, and contiguous; < vere episcopally united on the 27th of November 1787. No glebe, glebe- house, or church. The Rev. John Frazer, rector ; resides in the city of Waterford, which is little better than a mile from the commencement of the parishes, and where he holds a curacy. N. B. This union is not worth more than £. 50 yearly to the present incumbent. The foregoing contains a true return of the DIOCESE of WATERFORD, which I attest this nth of January 1806. George Fleftry, Register. A RETURN of the present _ State of the Diocese of LIS MO RE. The DEANERY of Lismore consists of Tubrid rectory, in the county of Tipperary, where there is a glebe belonging to the dean or rector, of 29 acrcs; a parcel of land in the parish of Lismore, belonging to the deanery, contain- ing 469 a. 2 r. 2 p. ; a small spot of ground in Lismore; but the deanery house in ruins. The Rev. John Scott, dean, resides about a mile from the cathedral of Lismpre, in the parish of Lismore; the rectorial tythes of which parish belong to the Economy of Lismore, and is appropriate for keeping the cathedral in repair, and the vicarial tythes to the five Vicars Carals, whose duty it is to take care of the cure of souls in said parish, and to read prayers in the cathedral, for which purpose they keep a curate, who resides in Lismore. The PRECENTORSHIP of Lismore consists of Ardmore rectory ; the Rev. Ponsonby Carew, precentor, who also holds the vicarages of Ardmore, Ballymacart, and Rinagona, also in the county of Waterford, and nearly contiguous, which were episcopally united 011 the 21st of January, 1791, at Ardmore, a rectorial glebe belonging to the precentor of 40 acres, and one belonging to the Vicar of 12 a. jr. 36 p. and a glebe- house ; at Rinagona a glebe of one acre; and at Lismore, belonging to the precentor, between 20 and 30 acres. A church at Ardmore. The incumbent resident. The CHANCELLORSHI P of Lismore consists of Derrygrath rectory, in the county of Tipperary. No glebe- house or cure of souls; the Rev. John Cleland, chancellor ; not resident. The Rev. Thomas Crawford, vicar of said parish, resides at Lismore, where he is curate of cathedral. A vicarial glebe of 16 a. 3 r. 24p. No glebe- house or church. The WATERFORD AND LIS MORE. * 5 The TREASURERSHIP of Lismore consists of Newcastle rectory, and Tulloghmelan rectory and vicarage, in the county ofTipperary, which are the corps of the treasurership. A glebe belonging to the Treasurer at Li? more, containing 70 acres; in the parish of Newcastle, about 15 acres, and in Tulloghmelan 12 a. 2 r. 24 p. No glebe- house. A church at Tuiloghmelan. The Rev. Charles Tuckey, treasurer, resident on the borders of another living, which he holds in the diocese of Lismore; this living he holds by faculty. N. B. The bounds of ten acres of Tulloghmelan glebe are not ascertained, but the reut is paid for this part by Lord Donoughmore. The ARCHDEACONRY of Lismore consists of The rectory and vicarage of Killrush, and rectory of Killmolash, in the county of Waterford, andBallybeacon rectory, in the county ofTipperary, these constitute the corps of the Archdeaconry. At Lismore a glebe of 30 acres, and a glebe- house ; at Killrush a glebe of 10 acres, and at Bally- bacon 11 acres. No church. Rev. Thomas Smyth, archdeacon, resides in Dublin, where he has • another benefice. The Prebend of TULLOGIIORTON consists of the rectory of Tulloghorton, in the county ofTipperary. No glebe, glebe- house, or cure of souls. The Rev. Richard Marlay, prebendary; not resident. The Prebend of MORA consists of Mora rectory and vicarage, in the county ofTipperary. No glebe, glebe- house, or church; the Rev. Richard Birmingham, prebendary ; not resident. The Prebend of DYSART and Killmoloran, consists of Dvsart and Killmoloran rectories, in the county of Waterford. A glebe belonging to the prebend at Churchtown, in the parish of Dvsart, of 7 a. 2 r. 2op. No glebe- house or cure of souls. The honble and Rev. Percy Jocelyn, preben- dary ; resident on his living in the north. The Prebend of DONOUGHMORE and Killtigan, consists of the rectories of Donoughmore and Killtigan, in the county ofTipperary, to which the vicarages of said parishes were united by Act of Council on the 20th of March 1805. In the parish of Donoughmore a glebe of 13a. 3 r. 12 p. No glebe- house or church. The Rev. Richard Carew rector and vicar, at present resides in Clon- mell, which is about three miles from the parishes. The Prebend of KILLROSSANTY, consists of the rectory of Killrossanty, in the county of Waterford. No glebe, glebe- house, or cure of souls. The rev. Philip Ryan, prebendary; not resident. The Rev. Richd Eyre, is vicar of said parish, in which he resides, and on which there is a church shortly to be built. ThereMs a glebe belonging to the vicar of six acres. No glebe- house. The Prebend of MODELIGO, consists of the rectory of Modeligo, in the county of Waterford. A small glebe belonging to the rector near Lismor, of 2 roods and 16 perches. No glebe- house or cure of souls. The Rev. Wm Bushe, prebendary, resident in Dublin, where he has another parish. The Prebend of KILGOBINET, consists of Kilgobinet rectory in the county of Waterford. A small glebe near Lismore of 2 roods and one perch, and a cabin on the ground belonging to the rector. No glebe- house or cure of souls. The Rev. P. A. Franquefort, prebendary, resident in Waterford, where he is minister of the French church. The Prebend of SESKENAN, consists of Seskenan rectory, in the county of Waterford. Noglebe, glebe- house, or cure of souls. Rev. John Frazer, prebendary; resides in Waterford, where he is lecturer of St. Olaves. The Rev. Harys Oldfield, is vicar of said Parish, and resides at Villarstown near Dromana, in said county, where he is chaplain of a chapel of ease, founded by the Earl of Grandison. There is neither glebe, glebe- house, or church in the parish. The Prebend of CLASHMORE, consists of Clashmore rectory, in the county of Waterford, to which the vicarages of Clashmore, Affane, and Aglish, also in the county of Waterford, and contiguous ; were episcopallv united on the 22d of November 1780. The rectories of Afiane and Aglish are impropriate, a glebe at Aglish of 2 roods 20 perches; no glebe- house ; a church in the parish of AfFane. The Rev. Wm Jesop, prebendary and vicar, resides at Lismore, about four miles from the parishes, and is an old and infirm man, his curate resident. TALLOW rectory intire, and Killwatermoy vicarage, both in the county of Waterford, are held together, and have been so time immemorial. The rectory of the latter is an impropriate one. At Tallow, - 22 ( Ireland'.') D I O C E S A N R E T U R N S: Tallow a glebe of i a. 2 r. 9 p. and at Killwatermoy, one of 5 acres. No glebe- house. A church at Tallow. The honbIc and Rev. Robert Moore, rector and vicar ; not resident ; absent without liccnce ; his curate resident. TEMPLEMIHILL alias Kinerew, Killcocken, Lisgenan, and Kingsalebeg, vicarages ( rectories impropriate) all in the county of Waterford, the two former contiguous at the west side of the Black Water, and the two last contiguous at the east side of said river ; were episcopally united for the present incumbent in the year 1782. There is a glebe of 4 a. and 6 p. and another of 6a. 3r. 30 p. in the parish of Kinsalebeg, and in the parish of Kilcocken, one of 3 roods 19 perches. No glebe- house. A church in the parish of Templemihil. The Rev. Robert Stephens vicar; resident. WHITE CIIURCH, Killronan, and Lawcoran, vicarages ( rectories impropriate') and Modeligo and Killgobinct, vicarages ( rectories appropriate) all in the count}' of Waterford ; were episcopally united on the 3d of May 1786. A glebe in the parish of Killronan, belonging to the vicar, of 1 a. 3 r. 3 p. No glebe- house. A church in the parish of White Church. These parishes are not ail contiguous, the remotest about eight or nine miles from the church. The Rev. Thos Sandiford, vicar ; resident. DUNHILL, Cuilcagh, and Newcastle, vicarages, all in the county of Waterford, and nearly contiguous, there being but one small parish between them ; were episcopally united on the 30th of June 1774; Xhe rectories impropriate. At Newcastle, a glebe belonging to the vicar of 6 a. and 5 p. and a thatched cabin. No glebe- house, or church. The Rev. John Roberts vicar ; resides on his living in the diocese of Waterford. DUNG ARYAN vicarage, the rectory impropriate ; and Killmolash vicarage, the rectory appro- priate, both in the county of Waterford, and separated only by the parish of Kilrush ; were episcopally united on the 15th of March 1787. At Dungarvan, about six acres of land in different spots, belonging to the vicar. No glebe- house. At Kilmolash, a vicarial glebe of half an acre. A church in Dungarvan. The Rev. Jabey Henry, vicar ; resident. ROSMERE vicarage, in the county of Waterford, the rectory impropriate. No glebe or glebe- house. A church at Kilmacthornas, in the parish. The Rev. James Hewetson vicar; resident iu the north of Ireland, where he has another living ; his curate resident. KILLBARRYMEADEN vicarage, in the county of Waterford, the rectory of which belongs to the Chantor of the cathedral of Waterford. No glebe, glebe- house, or church. The Rev. Robert Hewetson vicar ; absent without licence. STRADBALLY, Ballylalun, and Clonea vicarages, in the county of Waterford, and conti- guous ( rectories impropriate); were episcopally united on the 11th of January 1799. In the parish of Clonea, a glebe of 1 a. 3 r. 31. p. No glebe- house. A church at Stradbally. The Rev. John Devereux vicar; resident. COLLIGAN vicarage, in the county of Waterford ( the rectory impropriate). No glebe, glebe- house, or church. The Rev. John Averell vicar ; resides in the union of Mothill, of which he is curate, and which is about six or eight miles from the vicarage ; value about /. 30 yearly, MOTHILL, Rathgormack, and Fews vicarages, in the county of Waterford, and contiguous, ( the rectories impropriate) ; were episcopally united on the 15th December 1800. At Mothill a glebe of 2 a. 2 r. 28 p. and a small cabin or house thatched. A church in the parish of Mothill. The Rev. Richard Ponsonby vicar; resident 011 his living in the county of Dublin; his curate resident. TEMPLEMIHIL rectory intire, Fenoagh rectory and vicarage, and Dysart and Killmoloran* vicarages ; were episcopally united on the 20th of November 1S04. At Churchtown, in the parish of Dysart, a church, a new glebe- house, and a glebe of 4 a. a r. 7 p. At Killmoloran, a small glebe if one rood ; said parishes are all in the county of Waterford, and contiguous, except the parish of Templemihil, which is in the county of Tipperary, and about six miles from the rest of the parishes. The Rev. James Smyth rector and vicar; resident in the glebe- house.— N. B. Temple- mihil is a very poor vicarage. NEWTOWNLENAN and Clonegam intire rectories; the former in the county of Tipperary, and the latter in the county of Waterford, and between three and four miles from each other ; were episcopally united. on the .7th of February 1801. At Newtownlenan, a glebe, the bounds of which are WATERFORD AND LlSMORE. 17 are not ascertained, surrounded by the estate of John Butler, Esq. No glebe- house. A church at Clonegam. The Rev. Thos S. Monk rector ; resident in a house left by the Marquis of Waterford for that purpose, near the parish of Clonegam. KILLMURRY rectory intire, Carrick, Killsheelan, and Ardcullom, vicarages, ( rectories impro- priate) ; were last episcopally united on the 15th day of October 1803. At Killmurry a glebe of 8a. l r. 2op.; at Killsheelan a glebe of 7a. and I2p.; at Carrick, with 5 thatched cabins on the ground 31-. and 3p. No glebe- house. A church at Carrick. The Rev. Standish O'Grady rector and vicar ; not resident, his curate resident. Said parishes are all in the county of Tipperary, and contiguous. SHANRAHAN and Templetney vicarages; rectories impropriate, in the county ofTipperary, and contiguous; were episcopally united on the 18th of April 1774. At Shanrahan, a glebe of 3a. 1 r. 2op. No glebe- house. A church at Shanrahan. The Rev. Charles Tuckey vicar; resides on the borders of the parish. TUBRID, Ballybeacon, and Tulloghorton, vicarages, in the county of Tipperary ( rectories appropriate); are contiguous, and were episcopally united on the 21st of June 1804. At Tubrid, a vicarial glebe of 27a. 2r. lop. and a glebe- house ; at Ballybeacon, 4a. lr. 22p. and at Tullog- horton, 31-. and Gp. A church at Tubrid. Rev. Robt Drapes vicar ; not resident. CLONMEL rectory and vicarage, Killcash, Killaloan, Templetharf, and Killgrant, vicarages, { rectories impropriate) all in the county ofTipperary, and contiguous, except part of the parish of Clonmell, which is at the other side of the Suir, in the county of Waterford ; were episcopally united in May 1801. The glebes of the parish of Clonmell are dispersed in different parts of tha parish, and contain in all 2a. 1 r. 2p.; at Killgrant a glebe of 3a. 1 r. 3op. A new glebe- house building in Clonmell, nearly finished. A church in Clonmell. Rev. Thos May rector and vicar, and his curate resident. LISRONAGH rectory intire, in the county of Tipperary, in which there is a glebe of 15 a. 3 r. 30 p. No glebe- house or church. The Rev. Edward Harwood rector ; not resident nor licenced to be absent. CAHIR and Grange St. John Baptist vicarages, ( rectories impropriate) in the county of Tip- perary, and contiguous; were last episcopally united on the26th of October 1803. There are three glebes in different parts of the parish of Cahir, containing in all 11 acres. No glebe- house. A church at Cahir. The Rev. John Wallace vicar ; resident. INNISLOUNAGH and Monks Land rectories intire, part of the former on one side of the river Suir, in the county of Waterford, and part at the other side, in the county of Tipperary, and the whole of the latter in the county of Waterford. These parishes ( if the latter, which is a very small one, may be called a parish, but which is in fact but a denomination of the former) were perpetually united. No glebe or glebe- house. A church in the county of Tipperary side of the parish. The Rev. George L. Fleury rector ; resides on his living in the diocese of Waterford ; his curate resident. ARDFINAN and Rochestown rectories intire, and Newcastle and Neddans vicarages, all in the county of Tipperary and contiguous ; were episcopally united in June 1805 ; the rectory of the latter is an impropriate one. At Ardfinan a glebe of 2 a. 1 r. 16 p. at Rochestown 16 a. and 35p. at Newcastle about 4J acres, and at Neddans 11 a. and 30 p. No glebe- house. A church at Ardfinan. The Rev. Archd Douglas, rector and vicar ; resident in Clonmell, until a glebe- house is built. RATHRONAN vicarage, in the county of Tipperary ( the rectory impropriate) at present under sequestration. No glebe or glebe- house. A church in said parish. The Rev. Richard Carew curate and sequestrator. The foregoing contains a true Return of the Diocese of LISMORE, which I attest this 11th of January~ iSo6. George Fleury, Register. 1 F
Document Search
 
Ask a Question
Name:
Email:
Tel:
Query: